Have you reached a point in your career when you need help to plan your future?
Are you presenting yourself as well as you can in today’s highly competitive market?
Perhaps you’ve taken a career break and don’t know where to start to get back onto the career ladder. Maybe you’re facing redundancy and are worried about how to get another job. Or you simply want a change, or are starting out on your career having just left school or university. Or you have reached a senior level in a successful career and now want to plan a portfolio of activities rather than working full-time. Whatever your situation, you need to be sure of where you want to go and to be presenting yourself to best advantage.
I will work with you individually, arranging meetings (or Skype sessions if that is more convenient) to suit and providing email and telephone support in between.
Job search coaching
We can cover any or all of the following, depending on your needs:
– Identification of your skills and experience, both in and out of paid work
– Advice on the preparation of a CV and Linkedin page and help with applications
– Planning an approach to the visible and invisible job market
– Feedback on the way you talk about yourself and your experience to a potential employer.
Using a mix of discussion, exercises and questionnaires we will take a long hard look at where you want to go with your career. The tools we can use include:
– Examining the lessons to be learned from your life/work and achievements to date
– Analysing your career anchors/values
– Assessing your career interests
– Looking at the role you play within a team
– Carrying out a SWOT analysis of your current circumstances
– Psychometric testing to look at what is your best ‘fit’
– Identifying skills you have gained both in and out of paid work
– Assessment of options and decision making
– Coaching in networking and self-marketing techniques
– Preparation of a CV and interview practice
If appropriate, planning the first steps in setting up a new business.
If you think that I could help you, then contact me to arrange an initial free half hour consultation to discuss your needs and work out what areas you want to address.